The Art of Believing in Yourself

In order to move forward towards your dreams and your future, it is important to remember where you came from. Never forget where you started. 


With that said, it is also essential to never continue to dwell in the past. I have chased dreams of singing as well as creating my career in art. Allowing myself to regret what I saw once as failure in music has only allowed negativity to boil. I refuse to stay complacent inside of upset emotions from my past.

A great man once told me, "Life is like a car. If you spend too long looking in the rear view mirror you are destined to crash."
His advice has remained one of the nuggets of gold that I have carried with me. 

Though his words hold truth and an immense amount of power, one still must remember their start. I say this because if we forget the past we are bound to repeat mistakes. We also must never forget our "why."

Why do you paint? Why do you sculpt? Why are you indulging in any creative art? Why are you pushing towards your dream? 

Personally, I paint because it calms my mind. There's something about the feeling of my brush moving across the surface that soothes my overactive brain and brings me out of the chaos that I harbor in there. I push forward with my business and dreams because I am set on showing my children that dreams do come true and that if I can do it, so can they. 

So what is your dream? What do you ultimately want from your life as an artist? Or even as an entrepreneur? What drives you? 

Alongside my dream of sharing my creations with the world and offering a platform and representation for other artists, I have a vision on where I see my art hanging one day. There is a great deal of power in thought. If you can visualize what you want for your future, there is nothing that will be able to truly stop you from attaining it!

Dreaming is the first step! Next I would like for you to do something. Physically pick up a pen or pencil, anything to write with. Now get out a piece of paper. A notebook would even be better. Write down that dream. Write out the details. Manifest your dream onto paper. 

Once you're done with that, get to work! Breathe life into your dream and know how unbelievably capable you are! Nothing worth having will come easy. That may sound cliche, but it's reality. Hard work matched with your creativity will turn you into an unstoppable force! Nobody in the world believes in me as much as I do. Of course i occasionally stumble, but every step I take is with confidence and purpose. I may not be perfect, but I will succeed! 

So will you! 

Let go of whatever is holding you back and let yourself flourish! Change the way you see yourself and start creating what you know will one day be your's! 

I believe in you with all of my heart! 

Please don't hesitate to reach out, comment, ask questions or simply get to know me! 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Linzy Kay 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raising Artists

Where to Begin